Last week for Spokane Valley photo contest entries | Community Spirit
There's only one week left to enter your iconic image in the “This is Spokane Valley” photo and video contests. The contest is part of the ongoing Spokane Valley 10 year anniversary celebration.
The purpose of the contest is to capture the spirit of the Spokane Valley. You could even already have the winning pic waiting to be shared on your smart phone. The four prizes for the photo contest are gift certificates to the Apple Store equal to value of select iPads. The prizes for the video contest include both Apple products and GoPro cameras.
Here are some suggestions from the city of places where you might capture the award winning image:
- Getting drenched in the splash pad at Discovery Playground or Greenacres Park
- Enjoying the scenery along the Spokane Valley section of the Centennial Trail
- Playing in a Spokane Valley park with family and friends
- You and friends sampling Spokane Valley wines
- Spokane Valley's unique places
- Sunrises/sunsets in Spokane Valley
- Your family soccer match in Spokane Valley
- A three-on-three game with Spokane Valley friends
- The best routes to see Spokane Valley sights by bicycle
- Any other unique person, place, business, organization, event, or activity that highlights life in the city of Spokane Valley.
Videos must be at least 30 seconds long, but can't be more than three minutes and must include the phrase “This is Spokane Valley”, “We are Spokane Valley”, or “I am Spokane Valley”. Photos are allowed to be reasonably edited, but will be disqualified if they appear to have been significantly modified.
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the city and will be announced at during ValleyFest on September 21. With only one video entry posted so far and only a handful of photo entries, the odds are in your favor! For more information and to view the official rules click HERE.