Local church offers free summer lunch for all ages | Events
With one month of summer vacation remaining, many families are still struggling in the absence of school lunches. One local church wants families to know that they have free meals, not only for school age children, but for the whole family.
“We wanted to be able to serve the community as a whole,” explains Tamryn Parker-Carver of Community of Christ Church in the Spokane Valley. The church turned down a grant from the state so that they wouldn't have to limit the age to just school age children. The meals they provide are open to the entire family and all ages.
Community of Christ has been serving summer lunches for the last three years, and on Tuesday 98 people came to enjoy a meal. In addition to a meal, there are also activities for the kids to enjoy. The summer meals will be running three days a week until school starts in September.
Summer Lunches for Families
- Community of Christ Church
- 11515 E. Broadway, Spokane Valley
- T-W-TH, 12pm-1pm
Upcoming Events near Spokane Valley - Liberty Lake
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputy under investigation for taking second job while on duty
- Sheriff's Office seeks youth for Explorers program
- Proposed bill could mean headache for medical marijuana dispensaries and patients
- Citizen's Academy addresses Officer Involved Shootings
- Prolific crime fighter retires to play fetch, take naps